The Six Advantages of Metal RV Carports RV Carports can come in many different shapes, types, sizes, and styles to fit just about any imagination. Variations can include attached, stand alone, metal, wood, basic, and highly customized struc
BigNews.Biz - Mar 12,2010 - RV Carports can come in many different shapes, types, sizes, and styles to fit just about any imagination. Variations can include attached, stand alone, metal, wood, basic, and highly customized structures. For all the variations, the purposes of these shelters remains the same; mainly to provide protection from the elements such as severe weather and the damaging rays of the sun and secondarily to add some security for the vehicles and other items which are being protected. For many buyers, the first decision to be made is whether to go with a shelter made from metal, wood, or canvas. While wood and canvas shelters have their applications, metal RV carports have several advantages over them and are listed here:
* Versatility – Metal RV carports come in a variety of sizes and can be used for a multitude of purposes beyond providing shelter for RV’s. Options abound, including providing protection for personal watercraft, motorcycles, ATV’s, and snowmobiles. Other choices include the installation and use of carports as boat slip covers and agricultural uses such as shelter for farm equipment and livestock. Enclosed carports can be used for extra work space, play areas, or to expand a business’ square footage in a cost effective manner.
* Durability – RV carports made with metal are far more durable and stronger than structures made with either wood or canvas due to the fact that metal does not deteriorate like wood does. Metal buildings can also bear higher loads because the structural components which are fastened by high strength nuts and bolts do not expand or contract with temperature variations which weaken the integrity of wooden components over time. Additional damage from warping, termites, and dry rot, which are an everyday occurrence in wood structures, are unheard of in metal buildings. Another issue that is of virtually no concern to owners of metal carports is the risk of fire, which also decreases insurance expenses.
* Ease of Assembly – At their most basic, metal carports are relatively easy for a do it yourselfer to assemble. As customization options such as enclosures or attachment to another structure are added, the assembly can become more time consuming. Many carport dealers, like RV Carports Direct, offer professional installation as part of their carport packages.
* Portability – The ease of dis-assembling metal RV covers allows for structures to be used for temporary and multiple uses such as sheltering a party, providing winter protection for livestock, or to be moved from location to location.
* Customization Options – Metal RV carports can be customized to almost any specifications imaginable. These packages can also be upgraded and/or customized with end closures, side panels, additional storage, insulation and many other options. Exterior upgrades can include multiple color choices, customized roof options, doors, windows, and trims.
* Affordability – Metal carports are usually much less expensive than their wooden counter-parts and can be used to expand square footage for a home or business for a fraction of normal costs. Financing terms