GRAND GENEVA RESORT & SPA WELCOMES FALL GUESTS Grand Bed and Breakfast. Ideal for a quick retreat, the Grand B&B package includes an overnight stay in a deluxe guest room and breakfast for two at the Grand Café. Rates start at $189 per night.
BigNews.Biz - Sep 01,2012 - LAKE GENEVA, WI (September 1st, 2012) — With the crisp autumn air comes a flurry of seasonal fun at the AAA Four-Diamond Grand Geneva Resort & Spa and its sister-property, Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark. From September through November, visitors to the 1,300 acre campus are invited to enjoy a variety of festive activities, events, packages, and more.
Autumn Activities and Events
• Corn Maze Trek. Four acres of a-MAZE-ing family fun awaits guests visiting Dan Patch Stables at the Grand Geneva Resort. Returning this September is the resort’s corn maze attraction, created in the shape of a horseshoe and offering multiple trails for guests to explore, along with a train and pony rides for children that will loop around the corn stalks. The Grand Geneva corn maze will be open daily from Friday, September 14 through Wednesday, October 31. Corn maze admission is $10 for children ages four and up, and free for kids under three. Additional fees may apply for train and pony rides.
• Oktoberfest Celebration. Grand Geneva celebrates Oktoberfest on Friday, September 14, where guests will eat, drink, and be merry for this one-day festival. Beginning at 6:30 p.m. the resort’s ski chalet will host an authentic German beer garden, complete with traditional German buffet dishes such as Kasseler Rippchen with sauerkraut, Bavarian Bread Dumplings, Chicken Schnitzel, assorted smoked sausages and, of course, pretzels. At 7 p.m., Wisconsin polka star Steve Meisner takes the stage for an evening of gemütlichkeit and dancing into the night. Pricing for the buffet, including tax and gratuity, is $26.95 for adults, $10 for children ages 6-12, and $5 for children ages 2-5.
• Timber Ridge Halloween Happenings. Younger guests are welcomed for holiday fun and family-friendly happenings hosted by Timber Ridge’s expert activity team. On select dates in October, kids activity options will include arts and crafts; pumpkin painting and decorating; food fun with caramel apple sundaes and s‘mores; and entertaining games and movies. Schedules and pricing will vary; see www.timberridgelodge.com for details.
• Haunted Hayrides. Grand Geneva invites brave souls on nighttime rides through the property countryside filled with shrills and shrieks with their annual Haunted Hayrides. Beginning on Friday, October 5, Dan Patch Stables will offer Haunted Hayrides on a “first-come, first-scare” basis every Friday, Saturday (rides from 7 p.m. to midnight both nights), and Sunday (rides from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.). Hayride admission is $6 for riders under six and $12 for guests six and up.
For additional information and pricing for Dan Patch Stables, please call 262. 215.5303. Reservations for Oktoberfest can be made by calling 262.249.4788.
Fall Travel Packages
All season long, travelers can create their own vacation experiences with these unique fall accommodations packages:
• Grand Bed and Breakfast. Ideal for a quick retreat, the Grand B&B package includes an overnight stay in a deluxe guest room and breakfast for two at the Grand Café. Rates start at $189 per night.
• Sunday Nights Free. Guests who book a two-night visit for Friday