BigNews.Biz - May 12,2012 - SAN LUIS OBISPO BOTANICAL GARDEN MAY EVENTS
2012 Spring Plant Sale THIS WEEKEND!
San Luis Obispo Botanical Garden will be having its annual Spring Plant Sale on Saturday, May 12. There will be a special Member’s Only sale from 9 AM to 10 PM and then the sale will be open to the general public from 10 AM to 1 PM. All plants and Garden Shop merchandise is TAX FREE (the Garden pays the tax), and members receive and additional 15% off!
El Chorro Regional Park charges a $3 fee per vehicle on weekends, But mention the PLANT SALE and get in for $1!
A Fun Fundraising Dinner & Auction!
Grow the Garden!
Saturday, May 19,
beginning at 5:45 PM
Please join us for. . . A fun fund-raising dinner and a live “experience” auction. Reserve soon, there are only a few seats left!
Catered by Chef José Dahan of Et Voila Restaurant with Halter Ranch wines and music by The Dorian Michael Trio!
PLUS... an auction of experiences and desserts!
(not more stuff to collect dust)
• A tour with weather guru, John Lindsey of his meteorological laboratory at Diablo Canyon, a jeep tour to weather stations, and picnic lunch;
• Behind-the-scenes tour of Lotusland and a sunset cruise in the waters off Santa Barbara, aboard a 50’ catamaran;
• Dr. Ping Tsao will instruct how to properly de-bone a chicken, serve a fabulous dinner for eight, and allow guests to inspect his exotic sports car collection;
• A private tour for ten people of the gardens of Hearst Castle lead by historian Victoria Kastner, author of a number of renown books on Heart Castle, including Hearst’s San Simeon: The Garden and the Land;
• A 3-hour aerial tour for three people of San Luis Obispo County and lunch at the Elephant Bar in Santa Barbara;
• A trek for eight people across Shell Creek Ranch, lead by one of California’s leading wildflower and plant expert, Dr. Matt Ritter, see plants that do not occur anywhere else on the central coast;
• A safari for 12 people under the stars on the private Camatta Ranch, a 32,000-acre working cattle ranch and rare wildlife preserve, to witness the heavens through high-powered telescopes giving you a glimpse into the cosmos with experts from the Central Coast Astronomical Society;
• Designer desserts prepared by local dessert chefs;
...and much, much more! To encourage enthusiastic bidding for this auction, you will receive a full description of each item in a catalog prior to the dinner.
Cost: $125 per person and all proceeds benefit the Garden!
Reservations required. Please RSVP by May 11.
Call 805.541.1400 x 305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In our ongoing efforts to preserve nature, we are greening our ways by offering a paperless newsletter. Help us save paper, printing costs and Garden resources by opting to receive an electronic newsletter. If you are currently receiving a paper copy and would like to make the switch to paperless, just call or