Revolving and co-branded credit cards in Italy Bharatbook from its exhaustive collection has come out with a report " Revolving and co-branded credit cards in Italy " which gives an overview, Demand, Supply Trends and industry analysis reports.
BigNews.Biz - May 02,2012 - This report supplies information on the revolving and co-branded credit cards Italian market and its competitors: market trends, SWOT and key success factors analysis, major companies performance indicators (total turnover, sector specific turnover, market shares and export quotas), business prospects and trends. http://www.bharatbook.com/market-research-reports/financial-services-market-research-report/revolving-and-co-branded-credit-cards-in-italy.html
The report analyses the Italian market of revolving and co-branded credit cards.
- Product technology: revolving and co-branded credit cards are electronic payment instruments used instead of cash.
- Use: revolving cards are used primarily to extend credit even though they can be used as simple payment cards. On the other hand, co-branded cards serve not only as credit/payment cards but also offer the cardholder the discounts and services provided by the co-branding partner.
- Client groups: the cards are issued to retail final customers, mainly families and small companies, and corporate clients.
- Market to Market
The report analyses two market segments:
- revolving/option credit cards: defined as credit cards for which the cardholder repays the outstanding balance in instalments over several months (revolving credit cards) or as cards that offer the cardholder the option of settling their account in full or in instalments (option credit cards);
- co-branded credit cards: are credit cards that can be either paid off in full without accruing interest, with payment of the outstanding amount usually deferred to the end of the month (charge cards), or revolving/option cards on which the outstanding balance accrues interest that can be paid off in monthly instalments. These cards are issued by a joint venture company formed by a finance company and a commercial company that sells the cards under its own brand name. Such cards usually enable the cardholder-customers of the commercial company to use discounts or benefit from promotional initiatives.
Although the two markets are distinct, they overlap in certain areas due to the fact that the co-branded card market consists of both revolving and charge cards, while the revolving credit card market encompasses both co-branded and non-co-branded cards. Due to this overlap, the report is not able to provide the aggregate totals for the two markets nor can it show aggregate market share.
In order to draw up the Competitors report, the Databank method foresees the screening of the main realities of the sectors and various one-to-one interviews with the selected players. All this is then completed via:
- the gathering of information questionnaires that are filled out by the main companies on an annual basis;
- the checking of the gathered information by a sector expert, using a verification system that guarantees maximum reliability and consistency;
- the processing of information belonging to the Cerved Group about Italian economic realities.
The strategies and performances of the largest players in each sector are looked at in dept in the Competitors report. In all the cases in which a specific source is not indicated, the information published in the report must be intended as extracted and processed from the Cerved Group's proprietary information. Each sector addressed in the Competitors