Private Telephone Communications Systems in Italy Bharatbook from its exhaustive collection has come out with a report " Private Telephone Communications Systems in Italy " which gives an overview, Demand, Supply Trends and industry analysis reports.
BigNews.Biz - May 02,2012 - This report supplies information on the Private Telephone Communications Systems Italian market and its competitors: market trends, SWOT and key success factors analysis, major companies performance indicators (total turnover, sector specific turnover, market shares and export quotas), business prospects and trends. http://www.bharatbook.com/market-research-reports/mobile-and-telecoms-market-research-report/private-telephone-communications-systems-in-italy.html
Product technology: private telephone communications systems can be defined as a set of hardware devices and dedicated software for handling and routing telephone calls. Market to Market
Use: telephone communications systems are mainly used for routing incoming and outgoing calls to and from businesses and organisations with private internal networks, to allow operators to make and receive telephone calls from their own workstations.
Client groups: final clients: public and private businesses and organisations from all economic sectors; intermediate clients: ICT distributors, electrical and electronic systems installers, telephonic equipment retailers, system integrators, telephone service operators (carriers).
According to the various types, competing systems and critical success factors, the following product segments can be identified:
- PBX IP-enabled;
- Full IP platforms;
- Systems/Solutions for Contact Centers;
- Unified Communications solutions.
- TDM-PBX are systems capable of handling voice communications over ISDN and began to be adopted by the Italian market around 1995. From 2001, the TDM-PBX systems marketed in Italy became expandable with external or internal units (IP gateway boards), to support VoIP services both at intra-company level (Voice communications over corporate IP networks connecting various remote offices), and via the DSL and Fibre Optic connections available on public broadband networks. Over the years that followed these systems progressively developed into communications platforms capable of handling a wide range of voice, data transmission and internet access services by incorporating processing and routing functions for incoming and outgoing calls;
- In 2001-2002 two basic types of IP system for integrated voice and data communications over IP networks were introduced in Italy:
• PBX IP-enabled: developed by large multinational Vendors, usable on both IP systems and "legacy" TDM systems, and so capable of safeguarding corporate investments already made while being fully ready to migrate toward voice/data convergence on IP. These included PBX Software;
• Full IP systems, developed by vendors specialising in "IP routing" equipment, with platforms based on Switch Servers with IP software managing PC and telephone terminals (both identified by IP addresses) over IP-based networks. This architecture was oriented toward full integration of all corporate TLC and IT services in a single IP network infrastructure;
- Contact Center solutions consist of a set of dedicated hardware and software components for handling the hefty volume of incoming and outgoing calls usually handled by the Contact Centres of large organisations (for example, the Contact Centers of banks, public offices, etc.) and companies providing specialist call centre services;
- Unified Communication platforms are solutions based on voice services management, and are capable of supporting all forms of corporate communications in an integrated manner. The intelligence of IP networks, which permits the integration of all communications is a single network infrastructure, enables companies to solve communications problems while