Electronic Money and the Bank in Italy Bharatbook from its exhaustive collection has come out with a report " Electronic Money and the Bank in Italy " which gives an overview, Demand, Supply Trends and industry analysis reports.
BigNews.Biz - Apr 28,2012 - This report supplies information on the Electronic Money and the Bank Italian market and its competitors: market trends, SWOT and key success factors analysis, major companies performance indicators (total turnover, sector specific turnover, market shares and export quotas), business prospects and trends. http://www.bharatbook.com/market-research-reports/financial-services-market-research-report/electronic-money-and-the-bank-in-italy.html
The scope of the report is the entire Italian debit and prepaid cards market and solely the credit cards distributed by the banking and post office companies, i.e., the report does not take account of the credit cards distributed by the specialised companies. In addition, the report analyses the debit and credit card productivity of the ATM and POS channels of the banking and post office companies (POSTE ITALIANE group). Marketing Research Report
- Product technology: electronic money is an electronic instrument used instead of traditional money.
- Use: The main function of electronic money is to pay for goods and services. The lending function is marginal and is related to revolving cards, which latter account for only a minor part of the banks' business operations.
- Client groups: electronic cards are issued to retail final customers, mainly families and small businesses.
The report analyses the payment cards managed by banks, post office companies and electronic money institutions. The report does not cover companies that manage the international payment circuits nor does it cover the cards not used on the external payment circuits issued directly by the producers of the goods/services to purchase these latter.
The report analyses:
- Debit cards: classic debit cards that enable the cardholder to withdraw cash and to make payments using the national and international card circuits;
- Prepaid cards: prepaid debit cards can be top-up or throw-away;
- Credit cards: on which the balance is settled by the cardholder after the transaction/purchase date, usually at the end of the month (charge cards) or in instalments over several months (revolving credit cards).
The report analyses the combined market of debit and prepaid cards, where the banks and post office companies play a dominant role, and solely the credit cards distributed by the banks and post office companies, which have an aggregate 35%-45% share of the credit card market.
In order to draw up the Competitors report, the Databank method foresees the screening of the main realities of the sectors and various one-to-one interviews with the selected players. All this is then completed via:
- the gathering of information questionnaires that are filled out by the main companies on an annual basis;
- the checking of the gathered information by a sector expert, using a verification system that guarantees maximum reliability and consistency;
- the processing of information belonging to the Cerved Group about Italian economic realities.
The strategies and performances of the largest players in each sector are looked at in dept in the Competitors report. In all the cases in which a specific source is not indicated, the information published in the report must be intended as extracted and processed from the Cerved Group's proprietary information. Each sector